Monday, September 19, 2016

Review: Roman Crazy by Nina Bocci and Alice Clayton


Name: Roman Crazy
Author: Nina Bocci and Alice Clayton
Published: September 13, 2016





Book Depository                       Amazon


Avery Bardot steps off the plane in Rome, looking for a fresh start. She’s left behind a soon-to-be ex-husband in Boston and plans to spend the summer with her best friend Daisy, licking her wounds—and perhaps a gelato or two. But when her American-expat friend throws her a welcome party on her first night, Avery’s thrown for a loop when she sees a man she never thought she’d see again: Italian architect Marcello Bianchi.

Marcello was the man—the one who got away. And now her past is colliding with her present, a present where she should be mourning the loss of her marriage and—hey, that fettuccine is delicious! And so is Marcello…

Slipping easily into the good life of summertime in Rome, Avery spends her days exploring a city that makes art historians swoon, and her nights swooning over her unexpected what was old is new again romance. It’s heady, it’s fevered, it’s wanton, and it’s crazy. But could this really be her new life? Or is it just a temporary reprieve before returning to the land of twin-set cardigans and crustless sandwiches?


A celebration of great friendship, passionate romance, and wonderful food, Roman Crazy is a lighthearted story of second chances and living life to the fullest.




I  WAS STARING AT A penis


I LOVED THIS BOOK! The main character, Avery, is great. But Daisy is greater!
This book it's so easy to read, it's fast and it gets you from the first line, literally.

This book also teaches you that you don't have to change for someone, because you come first.

It is fresh, with characters that are real, it may brings you some tears, but it's definitely worth it to read.

Penis gifts. They were penis gifts.


Now I'm gonna write spoilers, so if you don't wanna get spoiled I suggest you to leave now.














Divorced, American, non-Catholic. Fornicator!


Soooo, the book starts with Avery discovering her husband, Daniel, cheating on her with his secretary, Hilary. Daniel's mom, tells he to forgive him because it was "normal".

Avery calls her BFF Daisy, and tells her everything and that she was getting divorced. Daisy convinced Avery to go to Rome, and she agrees.


Her first night in Rome, Daisy takes her out, and then Avery sees Marcello, her love interest when she was in Spain. No one knew about them, not even Daisy, so Avery tells her how they meet in Barcelona and what happened afterwards when she returned to Boston and found out she was pregnant, with Daniel's baby, and then she got married.

“Tell me what happened nine years ago when you left to go back home and forgot all about Barcelona. And me.”


The day after, Marcello went to talk to her, and she tells him that she's going to work, as volunteer, in the vases. Days passed and Marcello asked her for a date.


“I know my timing isn’t right, but I wanted to say something.”
He stopped, turning to me with a blank expression.
“Is it terrible of me to say I’m actually really glad to see you?”
He looked up at the sky, then back to me, allowing a small smile. “It is not terrible.”


So, when the bank, that Daisy and Marcello had been working on, is open, Marcello and Avery kissed. So now they start having dates. Daisy leaves to Amsterdam, and Avery and Marcello start dating.


Marcello takes Avery to the Lake Como. She feels bad with herself for not telling him about her divorce, so she decides to tell the same night they arrive. Marcello now knows what happened this nine years.


“I didn’t realize how much I missed you. Missed your mouth,” he purred, frantically angling me up the stairs.
“Marcello,” I sighed, my lips tangled with his. There was nothing in the world like kissing this man. And I wanted more than ever to kiss him for hours without a care in the world, reacquaint myself with every contour and plane of his exquisite mouth.
But this reunion was anything but relaxed. This was nine years, nine years, of going without this kind of passion.


After the weekend they spent together, they have to return to Rome, where Avery sees Daniel in Daisy's porch, waiting for her. They talk and agreed to divorce without problems because they don't love each other anymore.


Marcello asked Avery to go to Pienza to meet his parents. Once they're there, she meets his entire family. They're nice to her. Allegra, Marcello's older sister, tells her to not hurt his brother again.


When they come back to Rome, Avery talks to Simone, Marcello's ex girlfriend, she tells Avery that Cello was with the both of them at the same time. Avery asks Marcello, and he says it was true. They solve that, and stay together.

“I meet women, I date women. But no one I would have considered bringing home.”
“Never met the right girl, I guess,” I mused.
“I did meet the right girl.” He lifted my hand and dropped a kiss on the back of it. “Many years ago.”


Avery has decided to stay in Rome to work. Marcello has an offer to work in Brazil and asked Avery to go with him, she refuses. Marcello declined the offer because he wanted to stay with Avery in Rome.



Put. Yourself. First.


This book is a perfect goodbye to the summer.
I liked when Avery declined Marcello's proposition to got to Brazil, she knew she didn't want to live again like that.


My other favorite thing in this book was Daisy. OMG! The relationship between Daisy and Avery was so goals! It was so real. All the jokes, the talking, the advices. I enjoyed every dialogue they had. THEY'RE SO GOOD TOGETHER!


“You can at least have the decency to wait until I leave before calling your boooooyfriend.”
I swung open the door. With wide-eyed innocence, I said, “How’d you know I was calling your dad?”
She mock-gagged. “Unfair!”


I liked the moment when Avery and Daniel talked about Hannah, and how they felt after her early death.


There are tons of romance, but my fave was when they're in Pienza, and Marcello took her to his parents big garden and then they declared their love.


“I love you.”
I nodded, smiling and burrowing my head into his chest. I squeezed my arms around his waist. “I love you, too. So much.”
Happy tears spilled, but I was too busy being kissed silly to care. With his hands on my cheeks, he peppered kisses and whispered I love yous all over my face. “I don’t think I ever stopped loving you.”




I hope you like the review.

Read you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment